Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Zumba!

WOW! Just...WOW!

Ok, so I'm not in the best shape. Let's be honest, I had weight loss surgery. I have never been one to exercise, not even a little bit really. I do like to have fun though and dancing...I LOVE to dance. Well Zumba, it's dancing. Dancing with cardio, and exhaustion!

My legs feel like jelly and my arms are sore, and yet all I want to keep practicing the moves I just learned.

So, I'm going to assume that none of you have ever done Zumba before. It is basically dancing to loud Latin infused music for an hour. Resistance training is also a big part of this, but using your own body to create resistance, your body and difference of speeds and tempos. It's fun. It's a lot of fun! I'm kinda obsessed! All of this after ONE CLASS!

If you want to learn more about Zumba and where to find a class you can go to www.zumba.com. Where I took my class was at Studio 239 in Malden. My instructor, who is fantastic, is Nelson Mendoza. He was really considerate of the new people in class and made it a point to get around to everyone who was participating, and he was FUN!

Have I said that Zumba was fun?

So go check it out and have a blast! Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it...but bring plenty of water...and a towel to wipe off your sweat...you're going to need it!

2 comments:

AliT said...

Hey - Kristy and I may come and check the class out you were talking about. We've been looking for a Zumba studio where you can pay by the class, so thanks for the recommendation! When do you go?

AliT said...

Oh, and PS - we're all anxious to know how you're progressing! :-)

Post a Comment