Monday, February 15, 2010

Me? Oh you want to hear about me?

Alright, so we are moving right along here. I haven't weighed myself in a few days so I have no update on that, but I was asked to report on how I'm feeling, so I thought this would be a nice time to do that.

As I've said before, I have been doing pretty well on a technical standpoint. I've actually been doing really well in every way. It's funny; I never thought I would feel ok with melting away. That's what a friend of mine calls it. She went through this surgery almost 2 years ago and told me that she watched parts of herself melt away for a couple of months and she was kind of thrown by that. I on the other hand am having no problem with this process. I'm happy to watch myself shrink and melt. At times it does feel a little interesting, but generally speaking I have had no problems with it.

Now my friends and co-workers might be having a problem with it. As I melt away, I have nothing to hold my clothing on. It makes even walking a bit dangerous. Well, dangerous in an "OMG My Pants Just Fell OFF" way. I feel like I'm constantly apologizing for pulling up my pants and accidentally showing people my underpants. That's a little bit embarrassing. But honestly, I'm happy to be embarrassed that my clothing is too big, instead of apologizing for bumping into everything or asking people to move because I can't "sneak past" without hitting people with my stomach or chest.

So as I melt away, other things are happening. The first is that I never feel hungry anymore. I'm constantly feeling here and content. There was one day that I actually forgot to "eat" anything other than my 8oz. protein shake until 10pm and Alex was asking me what I had that day. Food is just not something I'm even thinking about anymore. It's weird, after years of having food rule my life; food has nothing to do with my day to day anymore. And, I don't care. That's the best part. Now, don't get me wrong, just yesterday a pizza guy was walking into my friend's building at the same time as we were and I felt like a cartoon character who was following their nose and floating after the food. However, it's my remembrance of that food that I miss, not the food itself. If I could recreate those flavors in a soup, I would be very happy. Additionally, my stomach NEVER shuts up. It is constantly gurgling....which is embarrassing and HILARIOUS! I just take it as my new "baby" pouch just wants to say hi to the world. IT'S all good. For this girl who has said she never wanted kids, I ended up with a very vocal baby.

I guess in the end, I've had a ridiculous amount of support. My amazing girlfriend Alex doesn't eat solid food in the house, so I never have the temptation here. My friends have stopped eating dinner or anything during our Sunday night gatherings. Even my co-workers try not to eat in front of me, though the food that they are eating often smells AMAZING.

So with that, I'm going to go have some cottage cheese with peaches, because guess what? Phase 2, so far, is AMAZING!  Thank you again to everyone who has been supporting me throughout this. I am so happy to have all of you in my life.

And to answer the question I have been asked so many times; Yes, I am happy that I did this.  Yes, I am excited to see what happens to me physically; and yes, I am feeling better everyday.

2 comments:

kw said...

You are awesome!!!

Lauren said...

Don't worry Lindz; we love your underpants!

Post a Comment